St Swithun's is another of Worcester's Georgian churches. It was closed for worship
in 1976 and is now maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust. Its interior, with
its Box Pews and Three-Decker Pulpit, is worth seeing. A key to view the church
may usually be obtained from the Tourist Information Centre at the Guildhall.
The ring of six comprises three bells from the medieval Worcester Foundry, c.1420,
and three by the Worcester bellfounder, John Martin. The latter were cast in 1654,
making this one of the oldest rings of six. The bells were retuned and rehung in
a new frame in 1973. They have a very characterful sound and are well worth a visit.